E-Cards (particularly of the Otaku variety)

For the discussion of scientific experiments and other creations, both in the physical realm and in the demense of cyberspace.
Post Reply
User avatar
Maypews Online
Webmaster, Otaking, Karter
Reactions: 853
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2025 10:12 am
Location: Dixieland
Website: https://maydb.net
Waifus: 34
Shion Sonozaki Chitoge Kirisaki Ayana Otonashi Nextbot (Derby #1)

E-Cards (particularly of the Otaku variety)

Post by Maypews »

I've been sitting on this thread for a while, and I'll try to flesh the thread out with some OC e-cards of mine in the near future, but I just wanted to start it so that I don't forget again. E-Cards are basically digital greetings that you send to people to express a certain emotion, whether it's a holiday greeting or a disgusted reaction to someone stealing your cookiez. They were very popular to make for anime, with the largest repository of them today resting on TheOtaku.com.

The best part is that you don't really need any skill to make these, all you need is an anime screen cap and an ability to write text over it. Some are more fancy and done in that typical 2000s wallpaper-esque style, but in the end all you need is an idea moreso than graphic design chops. I feel like these things are very overlooked and underdiscussed when it comes to the old net, and I was thinking maybe this thread could help to foster their use on here. It would be cool, I think.

GALLERY
"Fancy" Cards
844885-20160227121135.png
844885-20160227121135.png (309.1 KiB) Viewed 45 times
844885-20160227121204.png
844885-20160227121204.png (132.62 KiB) Viewed 45 times
494509-20160823191755.jpg
494509-20160823191755.jpg (73.61 KiB) Viewed 45 times
494509-20160820023822.gif
494509-20160820023822.gif (611.57 KiB) Viewed 45 times
570079-20111024154508.jpg
570079-20111024154508.jpg (110.02 KiB) Viewed 45 times
494509-20151026201844.jpg
494509-20151026201844.jpg (100.1 KiB) Viewed 45 times
781476-20110912184057.jpg
781476-20110912184057.jpg (62.06 KiB) Viewed 45 times
Less Fancy Cards
25247-20160521043722.png
25247-20160521043722.png (184.23 KiB) Viewed 45 times
@Blond
Ashita no Joe potential spoiler
319485-20090923175412.jpg
319485-20090923175412.jpg (80.96 KiB) Viewed 45 times
25247-20160401031121.png
25247-20160401031121.png (121.83 KiB) Viewed 45 times
867064-20160824013551.png
867064-20160824013551.png (251.61 KiB) Viewed 45 times
@Steve
13122-20040221222432.jpg
13122-20040221222432.jpg (40.81 KiB) Viewed 45 times
693990-20090923194508.jpg
693990-20090923194508.jpg (30.52 KiB) Viewed 45 times
I also posted some SciADV ones on this forum at some point, can't find the thread offhand but searching the aforementioned TheOtaku.com will bring up some results for C;H and S;G. We should definitely theme ours around SciADV I think if we are to make them, I'll try to get some done tomorrow.
2 Image
User avatar
Steve Online
Reactions: 143
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2026 6:25 am
Waifus: 21
Kimika Tachibana Senri Minamisawa Madoka Kaname
Contact:

Re: E-Cards (particularly of the Otaku variety)

Post by Steve »

shinyyyy!!!


Nice to meet u!!!!
Image
User avatar
Blond Offline
Nº1Positive Thinker 𒉭
Reactions: 466
Posts: 307
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2026 11:42 am
Location: Beyond The Sea
Waifus: 60
Serika Onoe Del-chan Makise Kurisu
Contact:

Re: E-Cards (particularly of the Otaku variety)

Post by Blond »

Love that Joe one May. This all brings me so many memories, when I used to start watching Vietnamese cartoon in my overheating Windows 7 PC. Here's some of my favorites:

Image
Image
Image
Image
3 Image
Komm, süße soda
DKPepper
User avatar
Maypews Online
Webmaster, Otaking, Karter
Reactions: 853
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2025 10:12 am
Location: Dixieland
Website: https://maydb.net
Waifus: 34
Shion Sonozaki Chitoge Kirisaki Ayana Otonashi Nextbot (Derby #1)

Re: E-Cards (particularly of the Otaku variety)

Post by Maypews »

Here's a quick e-card that I just put together. Another thread I need to make is a tutorial on how to make that Steins;Gate grunge look for your edits like I did here, it's not as hard as you'd think!
hallows.png
hallows.png (778.9 KiB) Viewed 19 times
3 Image
User avatar
Blond Offline
Nº1Positive Thinker 𒉭
Reactions: 466
Posts: 307
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2026 11:42 am
Location: Beyond The Sea
Waifus: 60
Serika Onoe Del-chan Makise Kurisu
Contact:

Re: E-Cards (particularly of the Otaku variety)

Post by Blond »

Maypews wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:48 am
Here's a quick e-card that I just put together. Another thread I need to make is a tutorial on how to make that Steins;Gate grunge look for your edits like I did here, it's not as hard as you'd think!
hallows.png
Please, do another thread where you teache how to make 2000's anime wallpapers. Please May, I need this.
2 Image
Komm, süße soda
DKPepper
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests